• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Monday, January 09, 2006

    (Perspectives) On the Passion of the Christ


    Mark Goodacre's New Testament Gateway Blog notes that Paula Fredriksen has re-issued the book she edited on Mel Gibson's Jesus film Perspectives on the Passion of the Christ. The re-issue has a shorterr title as well, simply On the Passion of the Christ. I note that Goodacre in his brief commments on the original book, as well as the reviewer he cites both found that book lacked, um, perspectives, so I can't help chuckling at the title change.

    It's one book on The Passion of the Christ that I've not read yet, although, in my defence, there are a lot of them. Goodacre's lists this one and two of the more scholarly ones that I have read. Eric Thurman has added 3 more, (none of which I have read), but you only have to look at this Amazon page to see just how many there are. I'm sure only a fraction of the 1142 listed relate to the film, but, off the top of my head, I can't think of another film that has been written about to anything like this extent.

    Matt

    Labels: ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home