• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Tuesday, March 14, 2006

    Da Vinci Code at rejesus.co.uk

    re:jesus is possibly the best designed Christian site I know of - thoughtful but accessible, with nicely illustrated, well presented content, which is frequently updated without changing so rapidly it leaves people behind. So I was pleased to discover they have done a special section on The Da Vinci Code ahead of the release of the film, starring Tom Hanks, in May. (There's also a nice section looking at different images of Jesus over the last 2000 years). I'm already tiring of the tidal wave of Christian responses to this film, but rejesus' site is at least an appealing place to start.

    I'm still getting up to speed with "The Da Vinci Code". I've not read the book yet, but aim to before the film comes out - which doesn't leave me very long. Meanwhile I've been keeping an eye on the plagiarism court case on the BBC website. The latest entry there however, is mainly about just how dull the case is. Regarding the plagiarism case I can't really see how Baigent and Leigh have much of a leg to stand on. None of the main ideas here are particularly original, it just seems to be two sensational popularists suing another for doing a better job. There's also an online discussion about the painting and the novel from BBC Radio 4's Front Row arts programme.

    Labels:

    2 Comments:

    • At 9:20 pm, March 15, 2006, Blogger crystal said…

      Hi Matt. I haven't read the Da Vinci Code either, but I cheated and read Wikipedia's synopis, which gives all the spoiler details. At one of the catholic blogs I visit, there was a recnet discussion about the book ... interesting gnostic stuff :-)

       
    • At 9:59 am, March 17, 2006, Blogger Matt Page said…

      Hadn't thought about Wikipedia. Thanks for the tip. Having just discovered www.magdalenereview.org I'm also keen to see what that has to say about it.

      Matt

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home