• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Friday, July 27, 2007

    Son of Man Finally Nearing Cinematic Release


    I spent quite a bit of last year tracking the progress of the excellent Jezile (Son of Man) (my review). Despite winning such critical acclaim, including high praise from Roger Ebert, it's struggled to find the distribution that it's due.

    There's light at the end of the tunnel, however. Earlier in the week I spoke to one of the reps at Spier Films who told me that the film will be reaching cinemas (in the UK at least) either in the run up to Christmas, or just before Easter. So, I guess, now is a good time to sign up to the email list on the official website to get details nearer the time.

    The rep also told me that the film now has it's own MySpace page which includes a clip of the film's opening scenes.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home