• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Saturday, August 25, 2007

    Content Theft Update

    Many thanks to all of those who've offered support for me since my post on Monday. Blogger have been on the case with it and the offending site no longer appears to be in operation.

    One of the pieces of advice I've come across in order to avoid this happening again is to reduce the RSS feeds that the site produces. I'm not really sure how many people actually read my posts vis these feeds, but hopefully it won't inconvenience you too greatly. I've changed it to the short setting so you should get the title and the opening sentence or two. If this is something of an inconvenience, please do let me know and I'll see what else I can do instead.

    1 Comments:

    • At 4:01 am, August 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      First off, I'm very glad that your content theft issue was resolved. That is great news indeed!

      One word of warning involving the truncating of your feeds though is that it is, at best, a temporary solution. The next generation of scrapers will likely have the ability to scrape directly from the post, making the shortened feed just a nuisance. It's not there yet and might be a while before it is, but this is not likely a long-term strategy.

      Just something to consider when making that decision.

      Congrats again on resolving the matter, please let me know if I can help in the future!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home