• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Tuesday, May 05, 2009

    Biblical Studies Carnival 41

    Photo by Tim Parkinson, used under a Creative Commons Licence

    Over at Exploring our Matrix, James McGrath has posted the 41st Biblical Studies Carnival. As is often the case, it highlighted to me a number of the interesting biblioblog posts that I had missed, but I particularly enjoyed the way it was written, and the play on the 'carnival' metaphor. The sideshow idea, where James lists posts that were submitted but could not really be classified as biblical studies, is inspired, although it's good to know a large enough number of posts are nominated these days to make this necessary. Thanks also to James for the three links to this blog. I'm not sure that has happened before.

    April list of Top 50 Bibliobloggers has also been posted (and I'm up to number 32). Thanks to the anonymous compiler(s) of that site for all their work.

    Next month's Biblical Studies Carnival will be parading through the streets of Jim Getz's Ketuvium. For more information on these carnivals, including where to submit pieces visit the Biblical Studies Carnival Homepage.

    Labels:

    1 Comments:

    • At 9:12 pm, May 10, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Reacently I read a letter in the TV
      Plus where a reader spoke up against Harry Potter. As a Christian I wish to state that the
      Bible clearly tells us to have nothing to do with witchcraft.
      When I was 14 years old I had the most terrible experience. For a long time I heard voices that repeated over and over:'Harry must go.' As a Christian I would like to
      warn people who are crazy about Harry Potter. Rather stay away before you also have to experience the trauma that I did.
      I am praying for the salvation of everyone involved with Harry Potter
      some way or another. I've also sent
      e-mails to some of them to tell them that God loves them and that I
      will keep on praying for their salvation.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home