• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Thursday, October 15, 2009

    The Original Fireseed Jesus Remix

    My friend Joel Wilson has been working on a project taking clips of the same scene from different Jesus films and editing them together. He's made six overall, and the first three are now on YouTube:

    Episode 1 - Temple Clearing
    Episode 2 - Meditation
    Episode 3 - God is With Us

    My favourite is the third I think. I'm encouraging Joel to post the others as well as I think it's an interesting concept. In particular I like the way it demonstrates how you can always spot which bearded male is Jesus even though face, build, clothers and hair etc. all vary from film to film. It shows just how important the composition of a shot is.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home