• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Monday, April 26, 2010

    Does Anyone Recognise this Film?

    Photo by Ceoln, used under a Creative Commons Licence

    I got an email from someone earlier today asking me if I knew the identity of a film from the 70s, which I guess is kind of a modernised (if species swapped) Jesus film. The picture above is NOT from the film (it's just to look pretty). Here's the description I was given:
    I am searching for a film I saw at my church in the 1970's. A reel to reel for sure! It depicted God as a gardener sending his son to a colony of ants. As Christ became an ant, (no dialogue, of course) he was mistreated and ultimately killed. Strange, but very moving, especially for a teenager.
    I don't think I've ever heard anything about it. Does it ring a bell with anyone else?

    4 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home