• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Monday, November 01, 2010

    Some Apologies

    I know I quite often find myself apologising for longer periods with no new posts, but I think my recent hiatus has been the longest since I first started this blog almost 5 years ago now, so sorry!

    Annoyingly it's not for want of content - I have stacks to post about and hope to resume normal service shortly - it's just been a bit crazy over the last fortnight. Thanks to all of you who have sent me bits and pieces of news I hope to get them up shortly. Please do keep them coming.

    Apologies also that I've not replied to any emails or comments lately. I hope to get onto that shortly as well.

    Lastly, my last post here was all about using video clips in PowerPoint presentations. Well, I should have that the moment you think you have got something sorted and start telling people about it something pops up to prove you wrong. And so it proved. Days after making the post I tried to use a clip from Life of Brian and one from Jesus (1979). I could have done these using clips from youTube in the manner described but I decided to aim a little higher, go for the second method and found it was a little trickier than I had imagined. In the end I did both, but (for some reason) I had to do my trimming in Windows Movie Maker which is now free to download. It's not great for making your own films, but it's another way of doing this when other programmes mysteriously don't work. So sorry to anyone who tries what I talked about last time and found it hard going. I'll be reply to the comments on that thread as a matter of priority.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home